Saturday 9 November 2013

A visit to Southampton

Just got back from visiting Dan and having a wonderful time in Southamton. Granted getting there was relatively painless with the exception of buying the train ticket using the electronic ticket booth. User error though, I didn't realize Southampton only had one 'H' in it so it didn't recognize my search. Minor hiccup aside, all was well. Visited the infamous 'Hobbit' pub which has a unique cocktail named after each member of the fellowship, I had a Legolas which was a rather awkward blend of whiskey and lemonade essentially, each to their own I guess though. But the whole place had this really awesome atmosphere even if it was a tad crowded on a Friday night.

Still writing my essay in other news. Finally rounding it off now, one more paragraph and I should be golden. Gotta go out and buy some blank CD's tomorrow though as the Uni wants a hard copy and an electronic one, because apparently they haven't evolved into the email and USB age; at least we don't need to hand in floppy discs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment