Friday 22 November 2013

Overcooked?

Finished off my uni presentation on the TV show, Friends. I was quite surprised to find that one of my group members decided that his entire contribution would be 2 images about multi-camera filming in sitcoms. Images he found on the Wikipedia page. Guess I'm doing his work for him since our deadline was this afternoon.

Lunch was met with equal dismay. What was supposed to be a quick and easy meal of, what is essentially chips, got burnt, we turned to hot dogs. Mark has this awesome recipe for glazed sausages involving honey, mustard and beer which we prepared with baited breath. We also realized that we were out of hot dog buns, feeling slightly adventurous we dismissed the idea of eating our fine sausages in bread slices and instead opted for leftover naan bread. Said naan needed 8 minutes in the oven but in this time the sausages started smoking uncontrollably and set the smoke detector off. Mark and I swiftly opened every door and window in the house and wafted tea towels at the alarm until our muscles gave out - our glorious hot dogs were now burnt. Sadly, the naan met the same fate during the high octane alarm panic so Mark and I dished up a very charred lunch and ate it quietly, in a silence only broken by our infrequent, exacerbated sighs.

To make matters even worse, we came back to Newbury to do some filming over the weekend, halfway along the motorway I realized that I'd forgotten to pack a key prop. Felt like such a massive doughnut for ages. Got it under control though as I'm headed back with Mum to do some gardening down in Bournemouth for the day while picking up the prop of course!

Back in my own bed after a productive evening of photo-shoots and filming, very, very tired since I got little sleep the night before so I'm about to conk out to bed. But a good day overall, full of its highs and lows... mostly lows... but they are more fun to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment