Friday 15 November 2013

Frances Ha

Gentle day of staying at home and picking up Mark's mail. Got about 3 parcels all addressed to him, one of which was delivered to the wrong house but the neighbours very kindly brought it round in the evening. Just waiting on Jamie's Birthday present now which I technically ordered today, albeit at 1am, so it should arrive tomorrow.

Highlight of the day was easy in two things. The first being cracking into a very nice blend of coffee left-over from my Birthday. The second being a bit of a surprise. While perusing the 'New Arrivals' section on Netflix I discovered to my delight that Frances Ha was added. That was my evening planned, been very eager to see it for a few months now and it did not disappoint. Lovingly shot in black and white, the film borrowed many elements from 'Manhattan' while mixing it with a dash of 'Clerks.' It romanticizes what it's like to not know what to do with your life, which is something I can totally get behind. Throw in some excellent performances and some hilarious moments and you've got yourself a real gem of a movie; maybe the kind of thing I would like to make one day?    

1 comment: