Thursday 7 November 2013

Music hunt

A good portion of editing any film is often spent looking for music. That ideal track that perfectly conveys the emotion and feeling you intended to capture is often buried in a sea of  online mediocrity that takes hours to sift through. But the thrill of adventure is hard to resist, with each selected track which is passable for your film you tell yourself 'There's a better one than this, I know there is!' And after a thousand clicks and a million downloaded kilobytes of information later, you will ind yourself with the Holy Grail of song choice. Nothing beets the satisfaction of importing that track into your little student film as it completely transforms it into something more. A natural evolution of tone and character that would make Charles Darwin blush.

So now that we've got our student film out the way, I've got to tackle the essay. A chunk of headway has been successfully made since I discovered our uni library provides some PDFs and E-books I can learn from. Tomorrow I will have to hit the books I can't click on though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment