Wednesday 6 November 2013

Do a little dance

Went back to the arcade yesterday. Found the best way to earn tickets was to play giant Fruit Ninja over and over again. I also found out that I am actually rather good at Fruit Ninja. So good in fact that I earned overall second place on that machine.

I was a mere 6 points away from 1st place
 It was almost a moment in my life that was worth celebrating with a victory dance... almost.

Walked out with 1,700 tickets which earned us a bottle opener key-ring, another samurai sword, a pizza plush toy and a miniature golf set. Said golf set was the main event of today, Jamie and I set up the hole in several locations around the house. The most ambitious of which required us to hit balls downstairs and through the hallway, and this was a game with high stakes. The loser would be declared a loser kinda stakes.

Jamie teed off beautifully, as did Mark, both balls rolling downstairs without a hitch. Mine however got down ok, but it landed inside a shoe - a domestic sand bunker if you will. Getting it out would be tricky but manageable with a well placed wedge motion, I was back in the game. Mark and Jamie both had trouble at the putting stage, they finished 8 points above par. I was on stroke 7, the potentially winning shot. Cinderella story, outta nowhere. Former cafe assistant, now about to become the masters champion. Took the shot, it looks like a mirac- ITS IN THE HOLE! 

And that, was the moment in my life that was worth the victory dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment