Thursday 7 August 2014

guardians of the Galaxy

More than anything, today I learnt that I knew nothing about stars or constellations; especially in regards to the Dipper family. I didn't even know there was a family, I knew about the big one. The ol' saucepan, bear thing, but I had no idea that a smaller one even existed. This little factoid was given to me after I watched Guardians of the Galaxy which was ultimately a fun but flawed film. The characters were all solid and some of the gags were winners but the story just kinda rushed you between locations a little bit too quickly at times. Which is a shame because clearly a lot of effort went into the costume and special effects but scarcely do we get a chance to really absorb any of the worlds our heroes visit and at many points I found myself asking myself 'What is at stake at the moment?' This made it a little bit difficult to care about the outcome of the final battle. But for a Summer blockbuster it certainly ticks a few more boxes than usual and is probably funnier than several comedies out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment