Saturday 23 August 2014

Locksmiths

I am currently sat with the lock-smith after we failed to re-enter the house we were meant to be house sitting.

It all started out so well, me and Jenny drove up to Bristol after rush hour to beat the traffic while listening to Classic FM. Shortly after arriving Mark made us a pukka mozzarella, tomato and pesto sandwich and I did an awesome drawing of a hipster penguin on a chalkboard wall. After a little while of milling about we hit the town for some dinner, I wasn't feeling paying too much for food so I just went to Subway while the others went for Italian. Bellies full I challenged the others to a 'walking vs car' race, myself and only myself supporting team walking. Spent about 15 minutes power-walking for my life, I laid a fair amount of smack-talk down moments before and I didn't want to eat humble pie. Surely enough though, I arrived waaaaaaaay, ahead of the others so I treated myself with a nice sit down. Seeing Mark arrive dangling the keys was a good sign, it was getting somewhat chilly outside and we had all just bought snacks to watch a film. Mark goes to turn the key to no avail.

Crap. Ok, Mark has another go. Lucy has a go, I have a go. Still nothing. Probed all the windows for any give whatsoever but still nothing. We ventured round the back of the houses along a pitch black trail to the backdoor which was of course locked. My cat like agility came in handy here as walls needed to be scaled with precision and grace, I only broke a little bit of wall going over. Regardless of these efforts, everything was still all locked u back and our last resort was the locksmith.

The bloke from 'Lock Rite' came down very quickly for us and sorted us all out without much faff, this let us get on with out duties as good cat owners.    

No comments:

Post a Comment