Wednesday 20 August 2014

Return from YfE 2014!

Wow what a wild week and a bit it has been. Louis and I took a trip out to the little Italian village of Feltre on this year's Youth for Europe event and it was absolutely incredible. We met so many new friends from across the continent all united by a love to see the world. We visited some war graves, a brewery and even the floating city of Venice which was undeniably beautiful.

We got back late last night after going across countries via planes, trains and automobiles with Louis' mood slowly getting grumpier as the day went on. I played the role of the encouraging brother at all times, even while he complained about how hungry he was. So I found him a Subway and he chowed down on his food and then started to complain about how it upset his 'eating body clock.' My eyes rolled back but I kept quiet until getting home. Walking back through the door felt crossing a finish line. Shattered we collapsed into our beds and have been slowly recovering today.

I have been asked to do a full write up of our trip for our Twin Town newsletter so expected that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment