Friday 3 June 2016

BATVA Awards

Attended the final award ceremony as a year group last night. It's probably the last time we will all see each other for gradation so it was a bittersweet event. I was nominated for several awards last night, and I am massively proud to say that by public vote, I won 'Best Sound' and 'Man of the Match' AKA: The Golden Boy. I was really touched by both of these, because way back in first year I felt like a little bit of an underdog. Because I didn't live in Halls, not a lot of people really knew me or hang out with me. Not to say I fought my way to the top like Rocky, but I'm so pleased that everyone appreciates my hard work and was there to cheer me on.

A small quote from Everybody's Wear Sunscreen flashed into my mind at some point last night as I looked around the bunch of incredibly talented people that surrounded me.

'For as the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young'


I knew that for some of us, it would be our last meeting, but each and every one of them has left a huge impression on me and I'm sure I'll be remembering them for the years to come.

Good job to whoever used this designing for our trophies - very cool.
 We danced the night away as a group and this morning, and even now, I am finding myself in agony from the amount of dancing I did. My legs and mind is shattered and its time for me to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment