Friday 17 June 2016

I Just Wanted Food

There are bad dinners, and then there are bad dinners as I discovered earlier. Being the frugal soul that I am, Lincoln and I decided to eat only things that we could scavenge from the larder today. Everyone is moving out so food needs eating up was our reasoning. Luckily, this story doesn't include any stale food, but rather a lot of potatoes. We wanted to make chips out of them so I painstakingly hand cut each potato into fries and thought it would be wise to boil them before popping them in the over. Overcooked the hell out of them in the pot however, so instead I gave up the remaining good chips so Link could have a nice meal while I opted to make mash out of the remaining mush. Skin on mash ensued, and it was rather lumpy too. One thing could save it though: gravy! Screwed that one up too though as Lidl's gravy doesn't really like dissolving very much. So I had a lumpy bowl of mash with bitty gravy - think it's time I went out for the weekly shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment