Wednesday 29 June 2016

Chores to be Done

Got on board with a few more household chores seeing as I am currently living back at the homestead. Cleaning and tidying is one of them, so I strapped on my marigolds and dug into the kitchen and the bathrooms. The problem is with the house is that it is generally very clean, so its not hugely gratifying to maintain the status quo, but I did it anyway. Next up was a much more enjoyable task- cooking dinner! And my classic dish, puttanesca was on the menu. Although it tasted a little odd this time around, I blame the fact my folks have gotten increasingly lazy with garlic and are instead just buying garlic paste, which looks and smells like bad milk. I spooned a bit of it in there, but it has no potency whatsoever so the awesome taste of garlic was instead overshadowed by the tartness of the capers. A very middle class thing to moan about, but I want my meals to leave a good impression during my week as chef!

Watched the 3rd episode of Mark Cousins' The Story of Film: An Odyssey which is just as good as I remembered it. His episodes really are insightful and inspiring and really get you pumped to watch more films - a lot more was added onto my watchlist as a result.  

Finally, I committed to finishing off Shovel Knights Plague of Shadows DLC, which was astonishingly good, considering that it was free. Those guys really know what they are doing to evoke that feeling of Saturday morning gaming, while managing to tie in one of the most satisfyingly charming conclusions I have ever seen in a game, again, all this for free. Kicking myself for not finishing it sooner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment