Wednesday 22 June 2016

Odds and Sods Sorted

My odds and sods day before leaving Bournemouth was highly successful. Woke up and saw Le Boucher an old school French film that I actual kinda dug. Had a very cool title sequence and after that I was hooked and in for this faintly Wicker man inspired thriller which was a real slow burn but was consistently engaging. I also had the best use of an elevator light I've ever seen in film - I don't say that often.

Otherwise I went back into uni to hand in my housemate's expenses claim, pay off my kit hiring fine from my grad film and buy a commemorative Bournemouth Uni hoodie... in the wrong size it turned out. Medium was a bit pokey and i only noticed this after I got home. I also noticed that I was never given a receipt for it, nor did it have a tag on it - they just know the price of hoodies there. Basically, I had no evidence to return the hoodie other than the fact it still smelt like new clothes. Fortunately, a sniff test was never necessary as they flat out exchanged it for a bigger one with zero fuss.

Then I headed to Rebecca's old house to pick up a free Xbox 360. Rebecca's housemate didn't want it anymore so she offered it to me. And before Mum goes 'But you don't need anymore consoles' I rationally decided that I didn't need one either - I did however swipe her controllers which has saved me a lot of cash. A week ago I only had one PC controller, now I have 4! I bought the console back alongside 8 pretty good games and distributed them to my housemates who will get much better use out of them. Felt like Santa Claus in 2006 handing out those treats.

All in all, a successful day. I'll leave with a fun anecdote about yesterday's Game of Thrones episode. It was so good that Lincoln coundn't contain himself once it ended. He was howling and shrieking and generally going nuts about how good it was. He dashed off to go to the loo shortly after, but returned abruptly, stating. 'I couldn't do a poo because I just couldn't sit still thinking about how good that episode was!'

No comments:

Post a Comment