Sunday 18 October 2020

Return to A&E

Finished writing my blog last night, sunk my head onto the pillow and got ready for a well deserved rest after a long hike in the countryside. No rest for the wicked though. In the later hours of last night, Rebecca developed some bizarre stomach cramps that didn't subside. We called 111, who ultimately recommended we visit A&E, so that's what we did. I drove her up there while such was hunched over a hot water bottle, bless her. Once she checked in I was told I couldn't stay in the waiting room for Covid reasons, so we had to separate. I sat in the car as it was a darn-sight warmer in there than outdoors! A few hours later, Rebecca got a blood test, was tended by a nurse and given the all clear. The pain lessened in that time thankfully and we all headed home just before 4am... Suffice to say, today we didn't get up early... or do anything too strenuous. This time last year Rebecca drove me to A&E, good to know we're even now after this trip.  

A bit of rest did her well today though, and after I knocked out some nourishing burritos she was right as rain. Looking forward to getting some real beauty sleep tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment