Wednesday 21 October 2020

Won't be my First Rodeo

I was rather busy today, not uncomfortably so but there was always a set of plates to spin. Sounds like another van hire is in the cards, now that I'm a seasoned van hirer the process should be very smooth. I delighted a Fleetwood Mac obsessed colleague by introducing them to the live, acoustic version of Big Love (one of Dad's favourites). They were so enamored with it they immediately hit replay and thanked me for the recommendation.

About halfway through the day Mark ominously beckoned me into the tiny backroom office for a private chat. 'Uh oh' thought I, as I mentally fortified myself for some bad news. With a big smile on his face he asked if I could help out and act as a Floor Runner for the day tomorrow. I said I be delighted. He heartily swung the door open and bellowed 'He said yes!' And there was a miniature, but not inaudible cheer at this announcement. So yeah, for one day only I'll be back in the saddle, radio on, set bag handy and ready to work on set. Pretty excited, just want to make sure I don't let the squad down because tomorrow is a big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment