Sunday 4 October 2020

Running Laps with Laptops

I went to bed last night a little conflicted. I'm thinking of buying anew laptop since my old one is starting to chug in a way that's just a little beyond endearing. This time last year I was about to source Rebecca a perfect laptop for her on my first try, naturally I assumed it'd be just as easy for me to find something, but alas, finding the right laptop for me has be a real trial. I even headed out to a computer shop today just to look and feel some of my front runners, this gave me a tighter shortlist but so many of them are out of stock thanks to students buying them all up. Reckon I'll take some names for now and just sit tight. 

Other than fretting about new hardware, I did plenty of cooking today. Rustling up a nice meal is something I've wholeheartedly missed doing since I started this new job, but I'm always glad to do it over the weekends. Classic scrambled eggs for breakfast, baked Camembert and garlic for lunch and a mini roast plus homemade Yorkshire puddings for dinner. The latter was paired with a really exceptional wine a colleague gave me as a 'thank you' present last month. I've already made a mental note of the bottle for future present giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment