Sunday 29 August 2021

Denim or Duck Egg?

For the past 8 years I've been holding onto hlpld clothes, promising myself that I'd wear them when I'd do some painting. Now I have a very full closet full of ugly clothes that I have no intention of wearing. Well today I finally honored the promise to myself and donned some old jeans and a shirt and dove into the world of decorating.

Rebecca and I bought a lot of paint early this morning (we stumbled into a bank holiday sale too so we accidentally saved a substantial bit of cash). We washed and sanded walls and begun decorating our living room. Got a brilliant white plus an off white looking mighty fine on our walls and ceiling. We prepped our feature wall and spent a fair bit of money in a pot of specially mixed paint. We put one test streak onto the wall and Rebecca felt sick to her stomach when she saw what it looked like. Our denim blue was clearly more duck egg... The next 15 minutes were spent stressing and calling up customer services to see if we could return the paint. In that time, the paint dried and revealed itself to be a much more agreeable shade of blue. Crisis averted. Still a lot of work to be done, but we're super pleased with what we did today - just can't wait for it all to be beautiful and back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment