Sunday 22 August 2021

Return to Lapworth

A cafe breakfast in the heart of London is a virtuous way to start any Sunday. Rebecca and I made the trip into Orpington to meet up with Grandma Margaret. I hadn't been to visit her for almost two years now and you could tell she was thrilled to pieces to see us both on the doorstep. We were treated to a lovely roast dinner, with fresh chard and kale from the garden - plus a big bowl of strawberries for pudding which were delicious. I showed Rebecca around the house and the garden (she was blown away by how spacious it was) and I was humbled to see how it was still teaming with life. 

We had to leave mid afternoon to catch our coach back, the time with Grandma always goes so quickly but it was ever so nice to see her again. Hopefully there won't be such a gap between now and the next time I see her.



No comments:

Post a Comment