Thursday 12 August 2021

Sides

One of my primary jobs on the day-to-day is preparing the 'sides' for the next day - a little A5 pack with the callsheet and the relevant script scenes. As such, I've got my nose buried in scripts for a sizeable chunk of my day and I take great care in making sure nothing is wrong when I prep them each day. Imagine my horror then when I was told the sides were wrong. I put my back up whenever this looks like it's about to happen, I very rarely make mistakes (plus I get a second party to confirm everything). Turns out, our director made a pretty substantial script amend without telling Production - it even looked dodgy when we looked at it closely. We called them out on it and they very quickly decided to just go with what we had already... Honestly, the amount of faff we sometimes have to put up with the amounts to absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment