Friday 21 December 2012

Beating the 80's, one film at a time

Oh boy, recently I decided to take on two of the biggest cult films of the 80's: Dirty Dancing and Top Gun. The first being that Rom-Com everybody knows and many enjoy and simply put, it's not for me and was naff but not in an endearing way that I thought it would be. The ending was the highlight though with the final dance scene that actually did manage to put a very weak smile on my face. Top Gun was better than I thought it would be, Maverick and Goose's relationship felt genuine and it was depressing to see him go, and certain scenes were hilariously 'macho' (I'm looking at you volleyball scene!) But the romance sections dragged whereas the bromance sections were fairly decent and there are a few decent lines for an 80's flick.

We got around to film our annual Xmas sketch this afternoon, coming to a Youtube channel near you just in time for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment