Saturday 8 December 2012

Fantastic day at work

Had a really awesome day at work today. First half, nothing special, just doing my thing of serving customers and frying chips. Then in the afternoon I was asked to do an event outside of the kitchen while dressed up in the Eddie Suit!

Me all dressed up with my helper, thank goodness she was with me, else I would have bumped into many a lamp-post!
Walking into the highstreet dressed up as a giant tiger was very cool, I got to wave a all the cars and people without feeling embarrassed for my actions;I even did the whole 'Tap on the other side of the shoulder routine to someone.' And while it was only about 5 degrees outside it got very hot, very fast in  my suit, by the time I got back to HQ I had to extract, not remove, but extract my undershirt from my torso as it was soaked in sweat.

Instantly upon returnin I was headed for the shops to get some extra bits and even a pair of tights for a co-worker. With me being your typical male 19 year-old I had absolutely no idea what qualities to look for in a pair of tights. Hell I even discovered there were different kinds, lengths and coulours of them, and lord have mercy on whoever the hell is buying 'Footsies,' What possible purpose do they serve?

Then the coolest thing of all happened. The customer bell rang and I went out to serve as if it were any other customer but it was non-other than Smiley Dave! Cafe Studios have been big fans of his videos and they never fail to put a smile on our faces. I did have to confirm my suspicions about his identiy by flat out asking him, but when I told him I was a fan, his face lit up with that familiar smile.

His videos can be found on his Youtube channel here, and I would seriously recommend watching his accent videos which were absolute side splitters for us one afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment