Sunday 2 December 2012

Not Clock Watchers!

It was strangely unanimous among my work colleges that time was going very fast, probably because we were enjoying ourselves so much. We got into a heated debated over why you would realistically consider enrolling in Hogwarts. I contested that although it would be very cool to be a wizard or witch the practicality is some-what limited in the real world as you only learn spells in incantations in Hogwarts rather than maths or English, you would leave school without any official qualifications and no means of entering a University or a well paid job. This was countered by my colleagues suggesting you could work in the Ministy of Magic or Diagon Ally (or similar location e.g. Hogsmead.) But still this is very limited as you would only ever deal with non-muggles resulting in you leaving behind the boring world for a much smaller populated one full of magic, it would get a bit boring. They eventually won me over by referring to all the awesome sounding sweets that exist in the wizard world like chocolate frogs and the every-flavor jelly beans, and they sound too good to pass up, future success be damned!

They also dared me to mix in a banana milkshake in with my coffee, as I am not one to turn down a food dare I accepted and was quite disappointed as it tasted fine but with some lumpy banana at the bottom; I though it could be the next big thing...  

No comments:

Post a Comment