Saturday 16 February 2013

Random acts of vandalism

It was waiting for me. I got into work and it was waiting for me. Every Saturday for the past 3 weeks I have been asked to walk around with the goodies trolley, offering people snacks and cups of tea. While a very nice idea in theory, I tied with last week for 'Worst sales in the history of the trolley' by earning a measly £3.40 in 45 minutes (a whooping 7.5p a minute!) Problem is that people just don't like being harassed by anyone, let alone my lovely self, for treats so early in the morning and while watching their children play football indoors. After asking everyone if they wanted something twice I parked myself in plain sight and stood like a lemon for a while in the vain hope that someone would change their mind; it was not to be.

Rest of the day was a nice change of pace from previous, blisteringly busy Saturdays as we had some  consistent breathing time. I actually had quite a nice day as I got chatting to some party parents who were really impressed with our staff and what a nice team we all made; I was flattered. Sadly after all the compliments about how nice the centre was this had to happen:





Someone thought it would be hilarious to smash in someone's car window in our car park right as the party ended. Thank goodness it didn't belong to a customer though. We called the police shortly after and they arrived to ask us about what had happened and check the CCTV footage. Rather embarrassingly I was emptying the bins outside just before it happened, and while I saw that there were people outside, I couldn't tell the police any details because I just didn't think about getting a good look at them, at this point I had no reason to.

Ah well, got home after a co-worker very kindly gave me a lift home, they were anxious about letting walk alone after the act of vandalism. Had a steak pie and some beer (Wehey!) Headed off to Chris' for a bit of editing. Mark's going away next week on holiday so he has left me in charge of editing a very important bit of work and I am happy to take the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment