Sunday 15 December 2013

Desolation of Smaug

Had a little shopping day out at our retail park this afternoon. Jamie still had a free whole chicken voucher for Nando's so we ate there for a fair price before hitting the shops and laughed at a very poor sales pitch attempt at Game. Not to sound in anyway elitist, but when people who don't know much about video games have been hired to sell games, it's kinda embarrassing.

Shopping was merely an amuse bouche for the new Hobbit film. Jamie really hyped me up for it, and I was so ready to see it and be blown away. Sadly we saw it in the higher frame-rate which was continuously distracting but I took that with a pinch of salt. The actual film was, in my opinion, a bit of a letdown, for reasons I couldn't quite put into words besides saying that everything was just mediocre. I wanted to see more of Martin Freeman and this gang, listen to their banter and get absorbed. Also the part it was all building up to with the dragon was a little bit ho-hum. I may even go so far to say the dragon scene in Shrek was better. But I know I'm gonna get a grilling for saying that from my housemates.

No comments:

Post a Comment