Sunday 29 December 2013

Metropolitan

Tearing through 'Zelda: A Link to the Past.' For a game that is considered to be on par with 'Ocarina of Time' by critics, I'm not enjoying it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. Last dungeon though! Had to make a split decision about what film I wanted to watch tonight out of a pair of 'could be theater' films. I decided against watching 'The Odd Couple' at this point, just so I could enjoy it with Mark or my housemates as the theme of contrasting lifestyles seemed like an appropriate watch with them. Instead I watch 'Metropolitan,' a film about upper class young adults overly concerned about their lives and place in the world in a pretentious way. It's the characters that revel in the irony of their social gatherings which are the strongest. And while the film is about 20 somethings, it's only clear by the end, that they are still fundamentally children, no matter how hard they try to dress themselves up to appear otherwise.    

No comments:

Post a Comment