Thursday 30 January 2014

Braving religion

Waltzing through town, having just grabbed a ring binder and dividers when a peculiar looking man makes eye contact with me on the street corner. I am preparing myself for the usual 'thank you, not interested' spiel I have since perfected upon arriving at uni, but this man was different. Because he was a Mormon. So we got into a nice conversation about religion, I made it quite clear from the get-go that I was atheist and that the meaning of life is over-scrutinized and not worth pondering over too much. But he was a nice enough fellow to chat with, his values were not quite being forced onto me, although he did pray for me in the street. Little bit awkward, but it floats his boat so I shouldn't judge.

I also watched Brave with Mark and Lucy. I should have judged the film as much I did the Mormon as I am now considered to be a grumpy sod. I wanted to like it a lot more than I did, but when compared to Pixar's line-up of instant classics like Toy Story and The Incredible, Brave just doesn't even come close.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Theo - very good. Actually all the better for not having surprise/shock ending. It comes across as sweet and sincere which in one minute is an achievement!

    ReplyDelete