Wednesday 22 January 2014

The Hunt

Watched Jagten (The Hunt). It has been a fair old while since I've seen such a good foreign drama which is technically and fundamentally brilliant on ever level. More than anything, the intensity and beauty of the cinematography was the thing that captivated me most, instantly grabbing my attention and holding it throughout the entire film. I would compare it most with 'Doubt' as it deals with similar themes, The Hunt surpasses Doubt as the latter prefers to indulge in the ambiguity of it's content, almost to the point of pretentiousness. The Hunt enjoys studying the effect of doubt within a community, and it knows that other humans can be very ugly to one another. While I'm a it, terrific ending.

 

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree - great movie!

    Theo we also saw Starbuck (on netflik) which is the original to the awful Delivery Man - you might like it

    ReplyDelete