Saturday 21 February 2015

Bad News & Good News

Rolled up to uni today to have our briefing about our observational documentary ideas. These lectures are also hosted by a guest bought in by my university, in this case it was Ken Kirby, a man who has previously worked on Panorama and similar programmes so he has a excellent insight into what makes a good documentary.

The first thing I said to him was 'We have no confirmed contributors since our slaughterhouse people dropped out' His face fell dramatically and I knew I made a terrible first impression.

I then continued to tell him about our plan B which was the taxidermist and he perked up a fair bit after hearing that and provided some good questions we could ask him for the documentary along with some other nifty tips and tricks. Problem was, the taxidermist still hadn't confirmed with us if he was comfortable with being filmed at that point.

I then went outside to make the 'deal or no deal' phonecall and our contributor said he would be very happy to be filmed for educational purposes. Walking back to my peers with the good news was like getting a mental high-five from each and everyone of them. I walked into uni with nothing and now we got the ball rolling dramatically, a huge relief for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment