Wednesday 18 February 2015

Bechdel Fail

Went into a lecture about feminism in Hollywood action films this morning. A lot of people I knew wanted to skip the lecture entirely, but me being a typical goodie-two-shoes I went along anyway because the topic did interest me somewhat. One hour later and I almost wished I stayed in bed as the lecturer wasn't from our course and spoke mostly about the Bechdel test (which is awesome) but then discussed why its flawed and why its hopeless to talk about it in a dissertation. Bit of a mixed message I was getting there.

We are also getting a bit worried about our slaughterhouse documentary idea since we haven't had a concrete reply from our main contributors so I got on the phone and called up everywhere I could find. One farm very ominously said they have a zero filming policy within their abattoir while others seemed a bit more optimistic but still nothing final. Fingers crossed some of them get back to me tomorrow.

Resting on my lone victory at gaming society against the smash bros champ I got a rather odd message from our Belgium friends which is apparently a wedding invitation. Mark and I have both received an invite and I am eagerly awaiting the final dates to see if I'm free during those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment