Saturday 14 February 2015

Happy Valentines 2015

After what feels like a simultaneously lengthy and all-too short week I have returned from another Camden Wildseed shoot. Once again I was a runner on the set but I was bumped up ever so slightly to the 'props and wardrobe' department so I actually had another runner under me. While the shoot was manic and stressful I personally felt like I learnt a fair bit in terms of how a film set should be managed.

One of the coolest things about the shoot besides hanging out with Mark an the Wildseed crew was working alongside Rob Saunders, the sound assistant for In Bruges (one of my all time favourite films.) We got chatting over a pint and he told me a lot of nifty bits of info about the production of that film along with some general tips about the industry.

Returning home on the the coach today made me realise just how exhausted my body really was. Now that I've finally had a chance to just stop working all the adrenaline has gone from my being. At least now I have a chance to recuperate at home and celebrate a very chill Valentines Day. I booked a table for my girlfriend and myself at a small Italian restaurant. Best part of the meal was when they forgot to put the tiramisu on the bill! Due to the fact we got a free pudding I can safely say this has been the best Valentines Day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment