Wednesday 4 February 2015

Runner Belt


What's this? Almost looks like that belt/pouch combo I said I would show off. Looks pretty profesh if I do say so myself. But then again it would be robust if Mark recommended all the parts, he himself rocks a near-identical load-out to myself.

But don't you just want to have a cheeky look inside? Lucky for you, I took a few more pictures.

This right here, is Pandora's box

Nothing in the main pouch section yet, I keep that space free for situational needs and small cargo, perfect size for a half dozen English muffins or a baby fox. Side pouches are maxed out for ultimate versatility during any running job, here's a few things I carry along with me:


Buncha Sharpies along with other writing stuff. Amongst graphic designers and film crews Sharpies are almost treated like gold dust or fishing trophies, everyone respects you when you own one (or four) and everyone will want to borrow them. A must for filming assistants.

  
Bright old light. Mark still swears by those old fashioned bulb torches which are about as bright as a directional Halloween pumpkin, I prefer any model with LED lights as everyone knows, LED's are bad-ass. Mag-light is the 'go-to' brand for torches but this here is a cheaper, but equally robust bit of kit.


The amount of uses you can get from a multi-tool is incredible and they are even more contested than sharpies on a film set. You don't just remember the name of someone with a multi-tool on their person, you make friends with them, let them meet your parents and offer to watch Schindler's List alone with them. Then, you might have a chance of borrowing one of these. Every time I had to borrow it off Andy Mosse, senior producer for Wildseed, he would look me in the eye and say 'this comes back in my hand when you're done.' By god, I handled that thing like it was made of moon glass. so now I feel that it's just easier to buy one of these babies.



This is certainly the one bit of gear that really separates the hardcore and the casual runners. Even Mark doesn't have one of these: A clip-on coffee spoon. Anyone who argues the validity of this item on a runner's belt clearly hasn't had a coffee anymore interesting than a doorstop, so I aim to educate.

Along with my pouch and gizmos there I also invested in some serious gaffer tape, this picture doen' do the item justice.


My hands have never looked so small while holding something. This roll of gaffer is about the size of the steering wheel on one of those Fisher Price cars that every family but ours seemed to have. It's powerful tape to boot, could probably wax a gorilla with this stuff.


I also have a neat little hook to carry it on my belt with, that way I will never be without my precious gaffer tape. It is worth mentioning that the sheer size and weight of this roll is actually rather uncomfortable to have banging on your leg like a jack russell so I'll be using a more manageable roll next week.

Super pumped to put all this kit into action next week and generally impress a few peeps on my uni course during location filming. Fully decked out I have more functions than a Swiss army knife, especially since I've never seen one make a cuppa coffee for someone.

Theo : 1
Swiss manufacturers of pointy things : 0  

No comments:

Post a Comment