Friday 17 July 2015

Back to Premiere

Signing up to a free trial period with Adobe's Creative Cloud I dived straight into editing our taxidermist's promo video. Going back to Premiere Pro reminded me of exactly why I first thought that Avid felt so unnecessarily unweildly, Premiere just does the things you want it to do where Avid throws a hissy fit if you try to do anything like other editing software; it felt good to be home. That said, I had a nasty aspect ratio issue occur after completing a large chunk of the edit which set me back a fair bit. That and the music was damn-near impossible to find. I dare you to go out and source some royalty free music for a taxidermy promo video, everything is either too video gamey, too comedic or too evil. Plus nothing sounds excellent when paired with the image of a dead crow being stuffed with balsa wood.

In the midst of all that headache I received my overall grades for my second year at uni and ended up with a distinction, AKA a first. I was ecstatic when I found out as only two other people on my course could say the same. Really chuffed with that and I'll certainly try to continue my efforts well into third year.

No comments:

Post a Comment