Sunday 19 July 2015

Broken Age

Blitzed through the second act of Broken Age this morning and it quickly became a test of endurance. The final puzzle in particular really whittled me down beyond the point of frustration, instead I ended up caring less and lass about what was at stake as my irritation at the games slow load times and plodding quizs turned into apathy. I was finishing the game for the sake of finishing the game, as the credits rolled I felt nothing but a small wave of relief that I wouldn't have to do another god awful trial and error wire puzzle ever again. My disappointment with the game wouldn't have been so sour if I hadn't been so initially interested in the set-up from the first act, released last year which was a ton of fun. The concluding act was just not worth the effort.

Luckily a pukka breakfast of a bacon and egg buffin (a buff muffin) came to the rescue and perked me up for the rest of the day. Watching Louis play the first Witcher rounded out my evening, laughing and cursing at the game in all its flawed excellence like a private Let's Play video, I do enjoy moments like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment