Monday 27 July 2015

Film Epics Week

I'm going to go ahead and consider this to be my 'Film Epics Week' where I'll be getting around to watching a handful of the most outstanding films from my watchlist. These are the ones I've been putting off watching because they have a run time that typically exceeds three hours and seeing that I have a lot of spare time at the moment it seemed like the stars have aligned for me.

First up was The Godfather:Part 2 which has been at the very top of my watchlist for about three years. I am a little ashamed to admit that I never really got the hype of the first film and frankly my opinions were not changed after watching this one. I'm going to chalk it up to that fact that I'm not getting this series. Deep down I know there must be some reason why its so beloved by fans of the film world, but I just don't see it. The story is underwhelming, the characterisations is not tangible and the Robert De Niro segments about Vito Corleone's past added barely anything to the experience. At least the first film had some excellent and iconic moments that are still referenced to this day, the sequel has none of that though. Maybe I need to re-watch this in a few years time but for the time being, it was just a well acted mob-movie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment