Thursday 23 July 2015

Happy Birthday Mum 2015

While Mum in notoriously difficult to buy for, I think Louis and I did a pretty good job for presents. Half a kilo of Brazil nuts, chocolate and a Blu-Ray copy of Gone With the Wind did the job as she was pretty pleased with all that stuff. It got to about 2pm and since I had just finished season 1 of True Detective (great start, fizzled a bit towards the end) I decided to do something more with my day and bake my signature coffee cake for a Birthday treat. I tried making one of these back in February for Rebecca, it came out a little funky then but I think I have perfected the recipe since. And by that I mean perfected my capacity to follow a recipe. Dad was especially impressed that I went the extra mile by baking the cake, I figured there wouldn't be a 'blow the candles out' moment otherwise, and a Birthday without that is like Xmas without the tree, gotta be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment