Thursday 30 July 2015

Computer Woes part Deux

More PC woes as I spent most of the day waiting on a new power unit for my machine, while it's a great bit of kit, it didn't solve my problem. The issue seems to stem from the graphics card itself as my computer just refuses to boot while its on. Louis and I are baffled by the problem, we even tried putting the card in his machine and the same problem came up. I have resorted to sending it back for a replacement as I may have gotten a dodgy one. I'm just hoping now that it will work first time when it in and I'm not stuck with exactly the same problem.

Since I was so wound up in my computer mess I didn't actually get a chance to watch a film today during 'Epics Week' That said, I am just about to boot up another episode of The Decalogue, the 10 part Polish TV series loosely based on the 10 Commandments. This series has been a real slow burner for me, I started watching back in January and I'm only 6 episodes in, but I kinda like that. This is a show that you simply cannot binge watch as each of the ten parts are set up like mini-movies which are designed to linger in the mind, long after the credits roll. To quickly throw the next episode on would discredit the previous one, stories of love, murder and tragedy are all elegantly contained in a very simple story told through images with minimal dialogue. Watching them feels like re-watching a dream or a memory and the real power of all of Kieslowski films are so difficult to put into put your finger on, and that exactly what makes them so brilliant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment