Sunday 6 September 2015

Revealed: Mystery Trip to London

Yesterday morning I was whisked onto a coach to London and taken on a small tour of the city with Rebecca as my guide. In the evening we headed to a mystery location for my Birthday treat as she couldn't be with me on the special day and this was the best day for the both of us. I had no idea where we were going too whatsoever as I had never really been to the part of the city that the Tube took us too. Her face was beaming as she tried to keep the surprise a surprise during my external train of thought. I threw out all these guesses and she swatted most of them down, but it all became clearer as we approached a brewery. Good thoughts were flashing through my head. And then We saw this:


It transpired that Rebecca had planned for us to watch The Terminator at an outdoor showing. Her smile was infectious when she told me about how she kept it a secret for so long. I was just really excited to see the film again in an outdoor venue.

A complimentary pint of beer was included in the ticket price (amazing) Rebecca went on the beer run and came back with a glass for each of us and she had a rather noticeable wet patch on her. 'The bartender managed to spill a lot a beer on me so as his way of saying sorry, I can go up and get another beer free of charge whenever' So I had two free beers with my movie at the expense of having a slightly damp girlfriend, I certainly came out on top of this deal. We slouched back on the rug we bought with us and it got pretty real when we saw this:


It was pretty hype.

Watching the film was great thanks to the big screen which really made every action feel gigantic. I'd never seen the film on such scale before and it almost made me feel like I was watching it for the first time again. I felt very lucky to be there as it really was an excellent Birthday treat. Outdoor cinemas are just a really cool thing to do as it turns out, definitely want to try and do a few more of them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment