Friday 9 October 2015

Good-bye Irina

Took Rebecca out for her first ever jog today and she wasn't too shabby. I plotted a nice and simple 2K route for us to take nice and slow and she got to the end of it like a champ. Granted we did have to stop and walk a few times, but she was eager to get running again shortly after.

Later on this evening I went to a small leaving party for Irina, a girl on my course who, due to the current exchange rate in the UK, can no longer continue her studies here so she is postponing third year until next September. She was the same girl I took for a Birthday late-lunch/coffee two years ago and since then we have been good friends on campus. Myself and a few other close friends got together to say farewell to her and listen to her sing alongside guitar accompaniment.

It was strange, because while I was waving my good-byes I felt very conscious of the fact that I would very likely never see her again. I was extremely grateful for such a lovely opportunity to say farewell to her and wish her all the best in the future. I seldom get a chance to say good-bye so officially.  

No comments:

Post a Comment