Friday 16 October 2015

Love and Satsumas

Sat down for a proper story development session for my short film idea today. For anyone who doesn't know, I am planning on making a 3 minute mockumentary about a man who is engaged to a satsuma. So far my tutor loves it and the premise is just writing itself. i got a really good tip-off for a mockumentary series called Documentary Now! from my tutor and after watching the first episode I realised what seriously makes all forms of documentaries really work: pity. That or empathy for a person's struggle.

While the subject of my film will be purely comedic, I am hoping to slot in a small turn in tone around the midpoint that will make the audience really feel for the character. Now I have a clearly defined ending and what I consider to be, a very strong student film on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment