Tuesday 3 July 2018

A True Italian

Got cracking on my new video, recorded and assembled the voice over and spliced in a whole bunch of footage. Its somehow going slower and quicker than I anticipated, I'm blazing through some sections, but my ending is a little bit more abstract so I'm not sure what footage to cut to just yet. For me though, editing is like the slogan for the new Jurassic Park film, 'life finds a way'.

In the midst of editing I was pretty busy in the kitchen. Last night I prepped my pizza dough to rise overnight and this afternoon I made up some homemade tomato sauce. Basically, everything for this dinner was made from scratch which I'm really pleased about. The dough was a bit of a faff though, I've never really made bread or played around with dough so this was a real baptism of fire. Stretching it out proved a lot harder than I anticipated, and every time I tried to pass the dough under my knuckles (like a true Italian stereotype) I just needed up tearing it and had to start all over. Perhaps I overworked it a bit, and I was worried the base would end up being a bit tough, but once I put my toppings on, my anxieties melted away. I was greeted with this after a few minutes cooking time:


Only half a pizza here because I was too busy eating it. It turned out really, really well and totally had that rustic, restaurantesqe taste to it which I was massively chuffed with. It will only get better next time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment