Sunday 1 July 2018

Travelling Bookworm

Did the whole planes, trains and automobiles thing since I was travelling back from Spain for most of the day. Went from Valencia to Switzerland and then onto England, got myself a double helping of complimentary sandwiches as a result and while the contents were a little suspect, I certainly appreciated the free meal. I was totally shattered once I got back to Bristol but thankfully I didn't have any other plans tonight so I just stayed in and recovered with Rebecca.

All that travelling gave me a chance to finish Norwegian Wood though. Going into it I wasn't too sure what all the fuss was about, but slowly I found myself getting sucked deeper and deeper into the beautiful world of the book, even when I couldn't really get a handle on where the plot was going, I just enjoyed spending time with the characters. I found myself feeling the same sense of ennui as the main character once I finished it and that's always a sign if a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment