Tuesday 17 July 2018

Jobs All over the Show


So, job in the morning was a bit of a mixed bag. Turns out the place was an agency recruiter and they just wanted to meet me in person before signing me up onto their database. My biggest concern however is while in the workplace I'll be working towards a qualification that's the equivalent to an A-level, so maybe I'm just a tad over-qualified. Great for anyone who's come out of GCSE's without a doubt though, just not sure if it's right for me in this instance.

I met up with Rebecca to vent my thoughts. My job search has admittedly been less than fruitful over the past few months and I said something along the lines of 'jobs aren't exactly falling from the sky'. Moments later, we walked past someone literally offering jobs to people walking by. It was for charity door to door work which after a little thought I decided probably wasn't the best way to go (the hours were horribly unsocial too) it's just funny how initially perfect it all seemed. At the very least, it reminded me that there is always work out there and I just need to keep at it.



Shot over to Louis's gaff to ask Rachel if she could fix my knitting which she didn without even batting an eye. Once I got home I sat down to start on a few more rows but after 60 seconds, I somehow went dreadfully wrong again. The thing about knitting is that it's incredibly relaxing and lovely when it's all going fine, but it quickly turns into the most stressful thing ever when the slightest thing goes wrong - there's just no middle ground.

I rounded off the evening with a play-through of Sonic Mania's new DLC which was only ok. Gave me a good excuse to replay an excellent game but it didn't add as much extra content as I would have liked. Hey ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment