Saturday 5 December 2020

Decking Our Halls

Just like real adults, Rebecca and I splashed out a bit this year and bought our first honest to goodness Christmas tree. Everyone always raves about how good real trees smell and in all honesty, I couldn't tell you what one smelt like, but today the scent registered with me and instantly took me back to the Christmases of yester-year. Though we put the tree up early this morning we waited until the sun went down before we conducted the ritual of listing to all the best Christmas songs while decorating the tree. Here's the result!

 


This is the best picture we managed to get, a short while later, after I lit a fire, put a film on and settled down with a hot chocolate all the lights on the tree suddenly died... guess we'll be doing Christmas decorating part 2 tomorrow with some replacement lights at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment