Sunday 6 December 2020

High Time for Pie Time

Continuing the Christmas vibes, I rustled up a special batch of mince pies this afternoon. Made my own pastry in accordance to a Mary Berry recipe (the secret is rubbing orange zest into the pastry itself). I zhuzhed up my shop-bought mincemeat with some dried cranberries, port and orange juice too, the only thing I didn't totally nail was the pie lids. for some of them Rebecca and I attempted a type of lattice thing with varying degrees of success, for some others I wanted to try the classic lid look, but once they came out the oven the lids just sat atop them like ill-fitting bin tops. Though they aren't lookers, they taste the part - fingers crossed they make an impression when I bring them into work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment