Saturday 5 December 2020

Rough, Soggy Day

Ploughed through one of the toughest film days of my life this Friday. Started early with the return of the van, then a trip up to a hire place followed by another short trip back to our offices. When I budgeted for time initially I thought I could even head home afterwards for a coffee and a read... That was a mistake. My morning chores begun snowballing as new jobs trickled in so I arrived on set bang on Breakfast call. This time as a member of Locations Department. My first job... Take breakfast orders for the whole department plus the security team (12 in total). My foot seldom came off the accelartor for the rest of the day, especially after the rain begun chucking it down, leaving me and another chap in charge of putting tents up. By the end of the shoot we all looked like drowned rats, I cranked the heating up in my car and grinned all the way home knowing that I'd soon be in my warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment