Friday 11 December 2020

Flaunt Yer Jumper Day

Part of my daily duties on Monday and Tuesday next week involved finding takeaway places that'll serve 25ish people for lunch. In a past life, dreaming up menus for large groups was probably my forte, but every time I land this responsibility on jobs I always overthink it. I'm the least fussy eater in the world (though once again I discovered I still cannot swallow a mouthful of lebkuchen) but I always think about the fussy eaters and how they'll complain if the food I sourced wasn't to their liking. Eventually, I wear my brain down and learn to say 'sod that person' and that's how I landed on two decent places for the next few days. Even gave them each a courtesy call to let them know to anticipate a bigish order next week - fingers crossed, everything should go smoothly.

As it was National Christmas Jumper Day today it felt fitting to don my lovely sweater that Rebecca got me during our first year of dating. Shame non of my co-workers could see it since I'm still working from home, but it did help me get into the feel of the season. For obvious reason, this Christmas has felt a little stunted so far, but I am very much looking forward to finally seeing my family all together again on the big day. That thought is really carrying me through the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment