Thursday 31 March 2022

Crumble Crunchdown

Just like Snow White, I spent an idle afternoon making a fruity dessert. Alas, I didn't have the help of animal companions (even our cat was uninterested), nevertheless I produced an apple and blackberry crumble which looked pretty as a picture. Rebecca and I were off socializing at Mark and Lucy's tonight and a pudding was the very least we could offer to pay back their hospitality. Salmon tacos started the night off which some board games as a neat little chaser. Explaining the rules of Ganz Schon Clever to newcomers is always a marvel and watching Rebecca's confused face melt into an expression of calculated concentration was a quiet pleasure. The crumble went down well too! Perhaps I made a little too much and dished up Goliath sized portions. Stoically, we all filled our boots but there was no shame in admitting temporary defeat - pudding portion control never was my strong suit as my stomach size matches my eyes. Had a lovely evening though, been too long since seeing those guys all together, the only thing better than board gaming with them is reminiscing about our least favorite science teachers at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment