Sunday 27 March 2022

Keeping Up with the Cat-dashians

Wished my Mum a happy Mother's Day ten slipped out the door with my running gear to try and make the most of a 23 hour day. In want of a hearty foreign language film I trawled Letterboxd and found Ingmar Bergman film that pique my interest: Autumn Sonata... which only several hours after watching it I realised is the best 'Anti-Mothers Day' film out there. Been a very long while since I've seen a Bergman picture and I don't know why I've been keeping him at arms length. Autumn Sonata unfurls like a play while a Mother and a Daughter pick at each other, first passive aggressively and laterly they emotionally eviscerate one another. Sharp dialogue and superb characters meant this was a satisfying watch, one that nourished my craving for a good watch.

Rebecca returned home and jokingly went straight to cuddle the cat over me... I think she's settled in a lot more now and is very comfortable and grateful for our company. Couldn't resist taking this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment