Sunday 16 October 2022

Charity Choir

With little else to do on a lazy Sunday morning we all went along with Mum to support her singing in her choir at a charity function. It was being hosted at an old nature discovery center that I used to go to all the time when I was younger - everything looked so much bigger then. Though the crowd was small, we cheered Mum on at a respectable volume, the gathering itself really was quite meager likely because of how anemic the offerings were for a fare-like event. We somehow ducked out of the £5 a head entry fee but I felt bad for everyone who coughed up the money to get inside.

Dad plates up an early Christmas dinner for lunch and in the spirit of the fake holiday we all played a board game together afterwards. Shame we had to leave shortly after, weekends are over and done with too quickly these days. Once I'm a man of leisure again after this week I'll make sure to enjoy my time off to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment