Thursday 13 October 2022

M&S Mecca

I spent so much time wrangling the crew wrap gifts I almost forgot to get my own team some little presents. Thankfully we somehow landed a day off before our final shoot day so I hit the shops in search for some treats. I had most of my team pegged for wine and chocolates, but one chap I'm working with revealed to me his love for peanut butter and chocolate and that he's becoming a father soon. He's also just shy of 7ft tall so I knew this was the perfect gift:


It's a product only available from M&S and thankfully I'm living out in the yummy mummy outskirts of London so they weren't hard to come by. An M&S Simply Food was nearby so I walked there but the branch was too small and didn't stock it. I figured an M&S Food Hall would do them, but to my confusion and chagrin, the Food Hall I caught a bus to get to was the same size as the Simply Food. I almost lost hope at this point, but the perfection of the present spurred me onto try one more shop at a retail park - I knew it was Big Daddy or bust here as it was the mammoth shop. I was getting mighty hungry at this point of the mid afternoon and I could barely believe my eyes when I finally saw the fabled peanut butter bar in the corner of a shelf, my hands trembled with disbelief and malnourishment - the journey was worth it.

As  a cherry on top there was a chap giving away free iced coffee there too. My hell quickly turned into heaven.

Hope everyone likes their bits anyway. I have to head in even earlier than usual tomorrow to reprint a portion of the callsheet - a coffee cart is coming to set and we accidentally misattributed it's funder. There zero humbleness in this business, what's the point of doing a nice thing if none knows you've done it is a prevailing but flawed thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment