Saturday 29 October 2022

Halloween Nostalgia

Just me and the cat today. A trip to the supermarket was the only real thing on my agenda and while trawling through the aisles I realized that this year we might legitimately get some trick or treaters. I threw a chocolate bars in my basket, if we don't get anyone knocking then I'm sure we can find a good home for treats like that. I also saw jelly and got nostalgia blasted back into my childhood. That was always the signature sweet thing during my Halloweens growing up so it'll be fun to make it again. 

I've been engaging with a lot of psychological horror games and films recently so I was craving something a little more campy. Enter The Return of the Living Dead, the kind of film I would have fallen in love with 10 years ago, and it turns out that part of me is immortal. Rollicking 80's zombie film, complete with special effects, synth music and brash characters. The sheer volume of on screen zombies at times stole the show and the energy of the piece was a ton of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment